Friday, April 4, 2008

my favorite things to love are my kitty (pictured below), my boyfriend, fresh air, forest air, water, whole foods, oils, & these flowers: lavender, lilac, rose, butterfly bush & wisteria.

i enjoy these herbs often: lemon thyme, rosemary, curry plant, lavender, catnip, lemon balm, chamomile, pepper, ginger, nettle, spearmint, vanilla, oats, peppermint, motherwort, elderflower, rose. i like to make oils out of many of these herb plants as well as cottonwood buds (cottonwood is one of my favorite trees. my other favorite tree is cedar (though when i am home in california, it is redwood. it is very hard to name favorites with trees but certain ones are so incredibly helpful..though what tree doesn't help us in some way?) i like to make tinctures of cedar because it doesn't infuse so nicely in oil as does the buds of cottonwood. i love the smells of established forests; there aren't words to describe how it feels.. a warm sunny day with drifting scents of sweet forest air.



1 comment:

McCabeandco said...

a beautiful scene, I too like the closeness of flowers, they have their own magic, and you've captured their wonder in a beautiful way. Well done